Why have an epoxy garage ground? Common garage flooring are just simple gray concrete. Above time, stains from grease, oils, and chemical substances lead to plain gray concrete to turn into an ugly eyesore. Possessing an epoxy garage floor coating will give you several years of support, durability and will resist most stains as effectively as offer you with a superbly, finished surface to preserve the value of your home.
The Most Common Epoxy Flooring Coating Systems
There are a few typical programs available that will increase your garage ground:
1. Epoxy & Polyurethane Strong Shade Technique
2. Epoxy Chipstone (partial vinyl chip broadcast) with Polyurethane Leading Coat Method
3. Epoxy Granitex (one hundred% vinyl chip broadcast) with Polyurethane Leading Coat Program
Maintain in head that with these 3 epoxy techniques, you have ‘good’, ‘better’ and ‘best’ kinds of epoxy garage flooring methods.
The Great Program
The epoxy polyurethane strong shade program will final about five-7 a long time, routine maintenance free, but will require a upkeep coat of pigmented polyurethane. This garage ground coating is usually a two-coat, thin movie system ranging in thickness from four-twenty mils. It is applied by roller or airless sprayer.
The Better Method
The epoxy Chipstone technique will very last approximately seven-12 many years, routine maintenance cost-free before needing a servicing coat of distinct polyurethane. This epoxy garage ground technique generally is composed of a single pigmented primer coat of epoxy a pigmented coloration coat with a partial/light-weight broadcast of vinyl chips into the damp epoxy and a solitary coat of clear polyurethane for protection. The thickness is approximately 20-thirty mils.
The Greatest System
The epoxy Granitex method can very last as lengthy as 12-15+ several years, upkeep totally free before needing a maintenance coat of polyurethane. This epoxy floor coating is normally a single pigmented primer coat a pigmented colour coat with a a hundred%/complete broadcast of vinyl chips and two coats of very clear polyurethane.
Suitable area preparing is important to the extended time period achievement of the set up. All surfaces to be coated should be cleaned of contaminants which may possibly interfere with bonding. Concrete have to be acid-etched, shot-blasted or diamond-floor to achieve a profile comparable to 120 grit sandpaper. Soon after preparation, the concrete surface ought to be inspected for holes and cracks. If holes or cracks are prevalent, then patchwork ought to be executed. As soon as preparing is full, installation is prepared to begin.
Set up of Granitex Epoxy Garage Floor System:
1. Floor preparation, patchwork and roll a single coat of pigmented epoxy primer.
2. Following epoxy primer is dry, examine, prep and roll one particular coat of pigmented epoxy in excess of primed location. Work in 10×10 or 12×12 sections at a time. While epoxy is soaked, broadcast vinyl chips into soaked epoxy. Be confident the spot gets one hundred% protection. When all sections are entirely protected, permit dry totally.
three. When all sections are dry, scrape, sweep and vacuum all excess Granitex vinyl chips from the surface. Apply a slim coat of polyurethane to lock and lay vinyl chips down.
4. When the polyurethane is dry, implement a second coat for a last best coat. As an alternative, non-skid resin sand can be extra to enhance the slip resistance.
All epoxy garage flooring coatings can be effortlessly cleaned with mild, liquid detergents then mopping, hosing or even “swiffering”. Grease, oils, and most chemical substances will not stain or absorb into the epoxy coated floor.